The Parent Advisory Committee to the Superintendent (PACS) comprises parent representatives from each school. They meet with the Superintendent and other district staff on a monthly basis during the school year. Members work together to:
Minutes from the monthly meeting are attached here, and more information can be found on the district web site.
- identify common needs and goals among the parents of students enrolled in Bellingham Public Schools and facilitate strategies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their respective school’s parent organizations.
- provide the superintendent with feedback and insight from the parent’s perspective on school process, policies and initiatives to ensure that the needs of parents and their families are included as decisions are made in the district.
- bring to the superintendent’s attention existing and emerging issues expressed by parents at the school they represent.
- serve as an advisory, not a decision-making body, that makes recommendations, encourages brainstorming and provides opportunities for parent involvement on committees and task forces.
- facilitate communication between and among the parents and parent organizations from different district schools and serve as a forum for sharing innovations and best practices from around the district.